Ashes – 1st T20 – Comments Thread

Apologies for being late to the party on this one. I had one of those days.

As I write, in the must win game for England, the Aussies are 96-4 in the 17th over.

Any comments, please do the business below.

19 thoughts on “Ashes – 1st T20 – Comments Thread

• Rooto Aug 26, 2015 / 7:33 pm

3 run outs so far, including one that left Erin Osborne with the unusual batting figures of out for 1 off 1 ball faced.
      I’m guessing that 120-ish is actually a pretty good total in Women’s T20I’s. Jess Cameron and the incomparable Meg Lanning doing a fair bit of the heavy lifting.

• Craig Aug 26, 2015 / 7:47 pm

Teams in Women’s T20 in the past year have scored at over 6.1 runs per over 46% of the time. This one is chaseable in these conditions, far from sure vs Australia, but quite doable.

• Rooto Aug 26, 2015 / 8:42 pm

Thanks, Craig. England’s steady, run-a-ball progress so far proving you right. No leeway if a wicket falls though. Could be tight if Taylor were to get out now…

• LordCanisLupus Aug 26, 2015 / 8:46 pm

Isa can commentate on any cricket match she wants as far as I am concerned. She’s the business.

• Craig Aug 26, 2015 / 8:48 pm

Yep Isa is great. Smooth delivery, always thinking ahead.

1. Craig Aug 26, 2015 / 7:32 pm

Australia end on 122-8. Totally chaseable. Need the top order to stay in at least halfway.

2. Craig Aug 26, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Not out of the woods *quite* yet! Nearly there.

• LordCanisLupus Aug 26, 2015 / 8:49 pm

This could still get interesting. Doesn’t look like the greatest surface, outfield not that quick. Pressure.

Then Brunt hits a four….

3. Zephirine Aug 26, 2015 / 8:49 pm

England 26 to win from 19. Taylor made 50 and then got out a bit stupidly, but very encouraging sign. Brunt in,

• Zephirine Aug 26, 2015 / 8:50 pm

Duh, typing too quickly – other way round. 18 from 24, even better.

• Craig Aug 26, 2015 / 8:51 pm

Reverse… 19 from 26. Down to 14 from 22 now. Looks a snip.

• LordCanisLupus Aug 26, 2015 / 8:55 pm

Comfortable really. So the series moves on. I do believe a member of our blog may be at one of the remaining two matches.

• Zephirine Aug 26, 2015 / 9:01 pm

I could never do the OBO! My excuse is I watch on my laptop so have to dip out of the game to type.

Very good to see Taylor looking like herself again.

4. Rooto Aug 26, 2015 / 8:59 pm

So, not tight at all, then…
    That Nat Sciver is a real rising star, isn’t she? I was also impressed by shifting the powerful Brunt up the order – not a change in the order, but pre-ordained “humpty” strategy.

• Craig Aug 27, 2015 / 1:40 am

She ended up batting at the perfect time, didn’t she?

5. Arron Wright Aug 28, 2015 / 7:19 am

Is it just me that finds this quote from Sarah Taylor extremely gigglesome?

“I feel really honoured to take my place in Legends Lane alongside cricketing heroes at Sussex such as Luke Wright, Imran Khan and Ted Dexter.”

I imagine someone from my local county saying “Samit Patel, Richard Hadlee and Garry Sobers.” I’m sure others have their equivalents…