Checking in

Morning everyone…

So my trip to Burma is coming to a close, and I’ll be home for the weekend. As far as this test is concerned I haven’t seen or heard a ball, but it looks from afar like it might be a super flattie, with a draw on the cards as long as England don’t self destruct.

For anyone who is remotely interested, I’ve written up my trip across the country on my till now dormant site, https://thelegglance.wordpress.com/ as one of my employers asked me to write up the trip on a daily basis.

It’s pretty rough and ready as I’ve not had chance to do any kind of prettifying given the lack of reliable wifi, but I’ll do that when I get back.

Obviously no cricket content is ever going to go on there!

Anyway, back soon, for the second Test at least.

7 thoughts on “Checking in

1. metatone October 15, 2015 / 7:59 am

Interesting reading.
    Probably you can’t answer, but it makes me really curious – why are you on this trip?

• thelegglance October 15, 2015 / 8:05 am

I’m in the lobby where the wifi works, so I can reply.

I work in travel and tourism for amongst others (I’m self employed) a ground handler who work in Indo-China and Burma, so I need to know the product. And that means going to see it. Lest you think it’s a holiday, it’s definitely work, I do in 10 days what you’d do in 25 (and you wouldn’t spend many of the days checking out all the hotels), but it’s not exactly being down a coal mine either.

2. LordCanisLupus October 15, 2015 / 8:28 am

Will look at our later sir. Hope all is well. As you might have noted I got a very short notice trip to Johannesburg at the weekend. Fabulous visit, really hard work, but totally energising. And I’m not saying what I do except I got to see how the other half live and operate!

• thelegglance October 15, 2015 / 8:35 am

I did have a little chuckle to myself when I saw that based on past conversations!

I’ve not been there myself, so looking forward to a trip report.

(today I have a day off btw. Didn’t realise they’d scheduled that in until two days ago. Thrilled.)

3. thebogfather October 15, 2015 / 11:41 am

Oh, for the lifestyle of out international jet-setter hosts
    Flying around the world on business to sun-drenched coasts
    Finding time to make sure we all know
    They’ll arrive home wearing a golden glow
    And then deign to scribble us some notes
    As we shiver, they toast and gloat
    And if that wasn’t enough to increase our duress
    Selvey, Ficjam and Lovejoy are on TMS!

• Arron Wright October 15, 2015 / 12:02 pm

All three?

This game not torture enough?

• thebogfather October 15, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Selfry delighted us with his thoughts on Brian Close at tea…no, I can’t remember a word he said… Yes, torture is the word…and we’ve yet to get all the Cook puffery….